Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Well ....

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ALTEC-LANSING-DU...QQcmdZViewItem


    at least he admits, he knows not . . .m ..u. ch...

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I saw that.
    Is it like any of us here don't follow Altec on EBAY?
    Shows the patheticness of epay...some schmuck finds something with Altec on it, assumes its rare, and puts it up.

    Just what I need, the magnet structure from an old 604....minus the speaker frame.

    Gads freakin zooks.....

    ron

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Well ....


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Seem to be a number of people trying to get rid of them- Jammin Jersey has a bunch- according to them 150 watt.

    Cerwin Vega is part of Stanton now, totally lost in the DJ mentality.

    Cerwinski(sp?) I gather was a very good engineer, but I think he is way gone.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by RonSS:

    Just what I need, the magnet structure from an old 604....minus the speaker frame.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think it's so bad.... pick up some beat up MI drivers and do a motor swap, along with a recone, and have a cheap pair of 604's. Sounds good to me.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    I had that motor in my watched items from the beginning. It used to be lucrative to try to amass enough parts to build large frame 604's. I still have some flat magnet 515E's and 416C's that i've kept just for their frames for such an endeavor.

    However, with current shipping rates being what they are, i've pretty much abandoned the idea and will wait to see if GPA introduces a 15 inch duplex based on the engine.

    There's something very inviting about "brand new" combined with shipping one way, one time.

    FWIW, there's a 604B currently on our favorite auction site that's been built up into a 604-something. Of course i was compelled to let the seller know that the cone isn't original as well as the large frame.

    Just my .02 y'all understand

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Well ....


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Saw that- I have a couple old trashed speakers- toyed briefly with sticking a frame back on it-


    But I need to finish about 50 other projects first.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    haven't seen one of (or any) these before ...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Cerwin-Vega-M-16...QQcmdZViewItem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.